Problem with arpack

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 05:50:56 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Marcelo Chiapparini <
marcelo.chiapparini at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running Ports in ML. The error below is a long standing one in my
> system. Any suggestion to fix it? Thanks in advance!
>
> $ sudo port upgrade outdated
> Password:
> Error: arpack: Variant openmpi conflicts with gcc45

The old setup for openmpi was found to cause compiler conflicts in some
cases, since openmpi itself wraps a compiler and the same compiler must be
used to build other libraries in some cases (and it's not really possible
to delineate just those cases).

The simple fix is:

    sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants arpack -gcc45 +openmpi