Trouble upgrading gdal to version 1.10.1_0

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Sun Sep 1 00:00:17 PDT 2013

Hi again,

I ran into some more trouble with gdal, after trying to upgrade to
version 1.10.1_0 which became available a few hours ago. In case it
matters, I was trying to install variants [0].

The linking error I got is listed at [1]. I might be wrong, but my best
guess is that a very recent change in gdal source code [2] with comment
"Compilation fixes for iOS" is a regression for Mac OSX. At least the
installation finishes successfully if I revert this change locally.

Could someone please confirm before I create a gdal ticket?

Thanks, Hermann

[0] gdal @1.10.1_0+expat+geos+hdf4+hdf5+netcdf+odbc+spatialite+sqlite3

[1]
libtool: link: /usr/bin/clang++ -dynamiclib -o .libs/libgdal.1.dylib ...
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-pthread'
   "_environ", referenced from:
       _CPLSpawnAsync in cpl_spawn.o
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
make[1]: *** [libgdal.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_gis_gdal/gdal/work/gdal-1.10.1'
make: *** [check-lib] Error 2

[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/26316/trunk/gdal/port/cpl_spawn.cpp