Refresher on gcc port and the executables

Tabitha McNerney tabithamc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 03:22:51 PDT 2013

Ian and all,

I have been doing some more research and spoke with some people in the
industry about certified compilers. Apparently a lot of progress has been
made in the recent past and money has been flowing into the arena of
certified compilers. What's preventing Apple from having a third party
independent audit of their developer tools (which MacPorts depends on, and
the rest of the world also depends on for a wide range of apps either for
OS X or iOS)? Seriously, how hard would this be and I can't imagine it
being a terrible expense to Apple to do this and show the world that its
compilers are trojan free.

Thanks,

-Tabitha