Compiling software with c++11 support

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Wed Sep 11 14:54:21 PDT 2013

On Sep 11, 2013, at 5:13 PM, William Gallafent <william at gallaf.net> wrote:

> On 11 September 2013 17:05, Eric A. Borisch <eborisch at macports.org> wrote:
>> It's being worked on. If you run off of trunk, you can try it out: https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2013-August/024161.html
>
> Excellent! I notice that this allows one to set which runtime to use (e.g. -stdlib=libstdc++ or -stdlib=libc++), but I don't see mention of being able to set the language dialect (e.g. -std=c++03 or -std=c++11). Do the changes being made also allow that?

No.

The cxx_stdlib option is intended to aid port developers in migrating C++ ports to libc++, which is currently a priority due to issues mixing STL implementations (libstdc++ vs. libc++) and ABIs (libsupc++ vs. libc++abi), as well as the impending removal of the system libstdc++ in OS X 10.9.

This setting is not meant to provide users a choice of STL, and we will not support end users changing it.

vq