Refresher on gcc port and the executables

doug livesey biot023 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 08:59:56 PDT 2013

Really interesting post and replies, thankyou. I love it when something
provokes the considered responses of extremely well informed people.
I would just say that I really don't consider the OP's concerns to be
tinfoilhattery. In light of recent revelations, it would actually be
irresponsible to be asking these sorts of questions.
The answer may well be that there's not much you can do about it (other
than abandon major vendors, something I've done, and even then have no
guarantees), but I still think that the question bears answering.
So once again, thanks for the question, and thanks for the very informative