my mail

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Wed Sep 18 11:49:41 PDT 2013

On Sep 18, 2013, at 9:30 AM, andrea bertana wrote:

> I was trying to install pymvpa (the current version is 2.6) but i got a problem installing the port shotgun.
>
> Error: To install pymvpa with the shogun variant, shogun must be installed with the python variant.
> Error: org.macports.fetch for port py26-pymvpa returned: incompatible shogun installation.

Try this:
sudo port -n upgrade --enforce-variants shogun +python26
sudo port clean py26-pymvpa
sudo port install py26-pymvpa

> Now, i tried either to install python26 + the variants (ucs4 and universal) adding shogun but o got the same error.
> and i used also "sudo port install py26-pymvpa - shogun " but nothing change.

Do you have as space between the hyphen and shogun?
With space does not work:
port info py26-pymvpa - shogun

Without space works:
port info py26-pymvpa -shogun

The py26-pymvpa ports shogun variant seems oddly implemented.
$ port variants py26-pymvpa
py26-pymvpa has the variants:
[+]shogun: Do not build shogun

I would expect +shogun TO BUILD  shogun.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)