Xcode 5.0 ok?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 20 03:35:34 PDT 2013

Hi,

Normally I wait a while before updating Xcode, particular to a new major
version, but this time I wasn't paying enough attention and
'accidentally' updating almost as soon as it was out. Initially I had
some issues with the internal updates (command line tools etc.) that
Xcode wanting to do when restarted, but these I believe where just due
to the load on the servers due to the fact everyone and their dog was
downloading the new iOS7 + Xcode at the same time... Eventually it all
worked out fine.

Haven't noticed any issues since then, and I did try a few manual port
builds to check if the new clang version (5 as opposed to 4.2 before)
worked OK...

Chris