Xcode 5.0 ok?

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Fri Sep 20 05:18:19 PDT 2013

On Sep 20, 2013, at 8:07 AM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

> Before I was able to install the Command Line Tools of Xcode 5.0, I was
> asked to enter my Apple ID to authenticate me as developer. The download
> did not work at first due to allegedly missing authorization. A few
> hours later it worked, though.

This seems to be a regular thing with new Xcodes. Happened with 4.x, too. It's certainly an odd failure mode.

> Is a developer account now required for the Command Line Tools for
> everyone? Since Xcode can be downloaded in the App Store with just a
> regular account this seemed strange to me.

I vaguely recall having to authenticate in Xcode 4.x also. You do have to sign in to download them directly from the developer website, so it makes sense that you'd also have to sign in from Xcode.

vq