Xcode 5.0 ok?

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Fri Sep 20 05:50:25 PDT 2013

mikel king <mikel.king at olivent.com> writes:

> On Sep 20, 2013, at 8:42 AM, Rainer M Krug <Rainer at krugs.de> wrote:
>
>> Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> writes:

>>> You need at least a free developer account. You probably signed up for
>>> one a while ago and then forgot about it. (I myself do not have a paid
>>> one.)
>>
>> Hm - I just went to developer.apple.com and tried to sign in, I used my
>> normal apple id, and it asked me to confirm an agreement. So I assume I
>> am not registered as a developer?
>>

> If you agree to their terms then you become one, technically.

True - but I didn't agree - at least not this time. As I installed Xcode
and command line tools about two hours ago, I don't assume their terms
and conditions have changed since then - so based on my experience with
iTunes, whenever the T&C change, I have to agree before I can download.

So if this is true, there are two options:

1) Apple has changed their T&C after I have installed the update (about
two hours ago) which I think is unlikely, or

2) one doesn't need a developer account anymore for Xcode and
command line tools. I seem to remember that an account was needed for
the iOS emulators.

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug