alt key in kde4-kile

Markus Perling markus.perling at rub.de
Wed Sep 25 09:06:02 PDT 2013

 Hi,

>> Unfortunately, the Kile version which came with macports doesn't have
>> Settings->Configure Shortcuts... (though Okular has it), and the usual
>> Preferences menu item is greyed out.
>
> This is not what should happen if the install ran properly. Both the preferences and the Settings->Configure Shortcuts should be (and are on my system for example) available.

I just uninstalled all my ports and rebuilt just kde4-kile and the ports
it depends on. As far as I can tell, the build went smoothly (except for
one minor quirk: the process stopped at one point, because poppler was
not built with +qt4 +quartz, as required by Okular, so I had to specify
this explicitly), but the problem still persists. Is there anything else
I could try?

 Markus