alt key in kde4-kile

Markus Perling markus.perling at rub.de
Thu Sep 26 06:58:41 PDT 2013

 Hi Nicolas,

> Did you follow the instructions as given at https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDE ? In particular,
the step of running kbuildsycoca4 ?

Simply running kbuildsycoca4 didn't help, i.e. the Preferences menu
is still greyed out and Configure Shortcuts still missing.

> If yes and it does not work yet, some information about your system may be helpful.

I'm using OS X 10.7.5 and XCode 4.6.3. I also use Fink and there is
probably a lot of cruft which survived playing around, updating and
migrating my system several times from one Mac to the next during the
previous 10 years or so. Is there any more specific information which
would be helpful?

> Otherwise, it is not a full solution, but as a workaround for the present problem, KDE installs the program preferences in ~/Library/Preferences/KDE. So you could also suppress manually the command for the alt+8 key in the file: ~/Library/Preferences/KDE/share/apps/kile/kileui.rc.

That actually did help, thanks a lot!

 Cheers,

  Markus