POSTFIX/SMTP SASL and TLS support

Horst Simon horst.simon at optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 2 17:09:32 PDT 2014

On 3 Apr 2014, at 10:03, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Horst Simon <horst.simon at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> On 2 Apr 2014, at 17:46, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:
> > On April 2, 2014 7:43:01 AM CEST, Horst Simon wrote:
> >> Is it possible to build;d it with TLS and SASL support?
> >
> > Yes, it is. See the output of `port variants postfix` and install postfix with the variants you need.
> I tried it, but how can I get both variants, it appears I can get only SASL or TLS, but not both, or I am missing something.
>
> You can specify any number of variants as long as they don't conflict; you're not limited to a single variant at a time.
>
> --
> brandon s allbery kf8nh                               sine nomine associates
> allbery.b at gmail.com                                  ballbery at sinenomine.net
> unix, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure, xmonad        http://sinenomine.net

I tried with sudo port install postfix +tsl +sasl

but it picked only the first variant and when I installed it with

sudo port install postfix +tsl
sudo port install postix +sasl

it deactivated the previous one, is there a specific syntax to install both variants at the same time?

Regards,
Horst simon