help! - Python, Tkinter and IDLE

ugajin at talktalk.net ugajin at talktalk.net
Fri Apr 4 04:54:44 PDT 2014

I don't have Python installed in the location /usr/local, and it isn't clear which Library you are referring to.
I do not believe I told you as you claim, 'And you told us you installed Tcl and Tk in /Library/Frameworks. So that could be a problem.'
As I have not ported Tcl/Tk, that cannot be the problem.
AFAIK to run IDLE Python requires Tcl/tk.
It was perhaps a long shot, but you may have helped rule out a possible cause of the problem being due to having both
MacPorts and Apple-provided versions of Python installed.

Thanks

-A