port command & arguments

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 00:00:24 PDT 2014

Hello,

This is a bit of a flyer/test ...
These days I spend my time switching back and forth between Linux/Debian and OS X. The various package management tools I use on the former (apt, apt-get, aptitude) all have a very similar syntax, but port has a number of just-or-completely different command names. The one that I mix up most is info vs. show, but I rarely get the commands for listing dependencies right at the first try either.
I've created a duplicate of the action_array's info entry so that I can do 'port show', but how possible would it be to create aliases? (One could even think of a table that's read from file...)

I admit, my memory is no longer what it used to be, but nowadays I don't really care anymore if I can master all of ls's options without referring to the docs :)

R.