dbus obsolete variants?

Dominik Reichardt domiman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 11:52:14 PDT 2014

Hi all,

today on selfupdate and upgrade, I got the following warning on upgrading dbus:

Warning: You have requested an obsolete variant
Warning: Installation of startup items are now determined by /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf
Warning: See https://guide.macports.org/#reference.startupitems

(it then eplaced dbus @1.6.12_0+startupitem+universal with dbus @1.8.0_0+universal)

Can anyone explain this or tell me whether there needs to be done anything?

dbus is not something I set out to install directly, but got installed through gimp, so I have no idea about startupitems and what changed or needs to be changed. https://guide.macports.org/#reference.startupitems doesn’t shed any light on this warning AFAICT.

Thanks and take care

Dominik