port command & arguments

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 00:21:24 PDT 2014

On Friday April 11 2014 08:09:36 Jan Stary wrote:

> You can easily create aliases in your shell,
> without any need to touch 'port'.

An alias subsitution that replaces a certain argument of a given command regardless of what order arguments have been passed, and their order?

> At this point, one could tell that you conme from linux
> even if you hadn't said so .

So? What's the point? What if I had suggested reading the table from a plist?

> > all of ls's options without referring to the docs :)
>
> So why do you care about remembering port's options without the docs?

Please reread my remark, paying special attention to both ends of the part I quoted.