port command & arguments

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Fri Apr 11 03:21:15 PDT 2014

> > At this point, one could tell that you conme from linux
> > even if you hadn't said so .
>
> So? What's the point? What if I had suggested reading the table from a plist?

"I don't remember the names of these commands.
Please change your utility so that it lets me
specify a table that replaces these command names
with some other command names that I like better
(because that's what some other utility on some
other system is calling them)".

Are you even serious? If you can't be bothered
to remember the seven or so command names,
just write yourself some shell wrapper
around calling them something else,
as opposed to imposing needless cruft upon others.

> > > all of ls's options without referring to the docs :)
> >
> > So why do you care about remembering port's options without the docs?
>
> Please reread my remark, paying special attention
> to both ends of the part I quoted.

You are not using _all_ of ports options/commands, are you.
You are using about seven of them; remember their names.
There, solved.