Problem pyton PIL

Spinxer spinxer at wolke7.net
Tue Apr 15 06:41:41 PDT 2014

Am 15.04.14 15:31, schrieb Chris Jones:

> Looks like you are still not getting MacPorts python there. You should
> see something like
>
> macmini ~ > which python
> /opt/local/bin/python

Okay… That gives me:

$ which python
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python

> Have you added macPorts bin prefix (/opt/local/bin by default) to your
> PATH
No. I was under the impression that the

sudo port select --set python python27

does everything for me so that the default python is now macports' python.

So if I understood correct this is NOT the case. So what ist the command
good for?

Anyhow:

$ /opt/local/bin/python
Python 2.7.6 (default, Apr 14 2014, 14:18:39)
>>> from PIL import Image

So it seems you are right and using the full path for python (or putting
the path into PATH) should help.

Thanks for that.

If anyone can point me to the information what's "sudo port select --set
python python27" good for, I think it would be perfect.