port install ksh93 fails

j. van den hoff veedeehjay at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 16 06:59:54 PDT 2014

I'm currently in the process of setting up macports from scratch after
upgrade ot 10.9(.2). so far the migration procedure found on the macports
page mostly has worked (some glitches, of course), but now I see some real
problems:

sudo port install ksh93

runs just fine (silently), seemingly until the file stage:

8<------------------------------------------------
Staging ksh93 into destroot
. missing (directory not created: File exists)
./Applications missing (directory not created: File exists)
./Developer missing (directory not created: File exists)
./Library missing (directory not created: File exists)
Error: org.macports.destroot for port ksh93 returned: xinstall: Cannot
stat:
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_shells_ksh93/ksh93/work/ksh93-2012-08-01/arch/darwin.i386-64/bin/ksh,
No such file or directory

and indeed the compiled binary is not there. should I create a ticket or
is it something trivial/obvious?

thanks

joerg