`ports clean all' warning: No value for java JAVA_HOME was automatically discovered

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 20 12:37:36 PDT 2014

On Apr 20, 2014, at 04:35, j. van den hoff wrote:

> I found only one (seemingly unanswered post in the archive: does somebody now where this warning comes from in the
> `ports clean all' process (observed under 10.9.2)? more importantly: are they relevant?
>
> e.g., one instance happens here:

> --->  Cleaning jump
> Warning: No value for java JAVA_HOME was automatically discovered
> --->  Cleaning junit
>
> I only see a handful of these warnings during the `clean all' run but still …

The message is generated by the java 1.0 portgroup. You can read the code to see the circumstances under which it’s printed:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/java-1.0.tcl?rev=96985#L65

Do you have Java installed?

I count 15 ports, including junit, which use the java 1.0 portgroup.