Please help: How to ignore outdated package when upgrading?

Asis Hallab asis.hallab at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 03:55:17 PDT 2014

Dear MacPort Experts,

thank you for supplying MacPorts. It is very useful indeed.

I am running MacPorts 2.2.1 on Mac OS 10.9.2 Mavericks.
When running

$sudo port upgrade outdated

I get the following error

Error: org.macports.configure for port postgresql83 returned:
configure failure: command execution failed

As postgresql83 is outdated and I already installed postgresql93 I
want this update to be skipped.
But

$sudo port upgrade outdated not postgresql83

generates the same error.

I searched the web on how to solve this as thoroughly as I could, but
could not find any solution.

Is there a way to uninstall all packages that depend on postgresl83?
And why is "[...] and not postgresl83" simply ignored?

Your help will be much appreciated.
Kind regards!