Older version of mysql starting up after Mavericks upgrade

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Apr 29 08:15:12 PDT 2014

Hi,

> The macports version is here:
> /usr/local/mysql-5.6.10-osx10.7-x86_64

This isn't a macports-installed MySQL. Even when you configure MacPorts to use
/usr/local (which is hard to do for a good reason) MacPorts would never have
created a directory called "mysql-5.6.10-osx10.7-x86_64" there.

I suggest you install the mysql56 (and the mysql56-server) port from MacPorts
and remove the copy in /usr/local. To make it the default and start it
automatically on system boot run
 $> sudo port select --set mysql mysql56
 $> sudo port load mysql56-server

> configure:4853: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>
> Found some hints on installing command-line-tools, which I did with
> xcode-select --install
> However, with the same result.

In that case you probably didn't agree to the Xcode license agreement. Run
 $> sudo xcodebuild -license
to take care of that.

MacPorts 2.3 will contain a check that will detect this.

--
Clemens Lang