Question on glade/gtksourceview support

David Evans devans at macports.org
Tue Apr 29 16:36:35 PDT 2014

On 4/27/14 2:46 PM, David Evans wrote:
> On 4/27/14 11:48 AM, David Duke wrote:
>> I'm trying to use the Macports port for glade3 to edit a GTK .ui file where the interface uses gtksourceview2.  Unfortunately, glade-3 reports
>>
>>    Failed to load ... .ui
>>    The following required catalogues are unavailable: sourceview2
>>
>> I've already tried various combinations of GTK-related ports, currently
>>
>>   gtk3 @3.12.0_0+universal+x11 (active)
>>   gtkglext @1.2.0_9+universal (active)
>>   gtkmm3 @3.12.0_0+universal+x11 (active)
>>   gtksourceview2 @2.10.5_7+universal (active)
>>   gtksourceview3 @3.12.1_0+universal (active)
>>   gtksourceviewmm2 @2.10.3_1+universal (active)
>>   gtksourceviewmm3 @3.2.0_1+universal (active)
>>
>> Looking around, I found few relevant posts, one (on an ubuntu forum - http://askubuntu.com/questions/325637/gtksourceview-in-glade-and-c) hinted at the need for the -dev version of libgtksourceview-3.0 which doesn't appear to be installed by any port / variant.  FWIW, I'm running OSX 10.7.5 on an Air.
>>
>> Has anyone successfully used port to install & run glade3 and access gtksourceview2?  If so, could you confirm the port(s) needed?  Otherwise, any insight into whether gtksourceview2 should be accessible - or not - would be helpful.  Depending on answers I'll try to follow up with the relevant port maintainer(s).
>>
>> thanks,
>> David.

> gtksourceview3 has a +glade variant that installs a glade catalogue.  However, gtksourceview2 does not.  You should file a ticket against gtksourceview2 asking for such a variant.

David --

Variant to enable building of a glade widget catalog for glade3 added in
r119543.  To enable this feature use

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install gtksourceview2 +glade

You should then see the GtkSourceView category and widget added to
glade3's widget selection pane next time you start the app.

Dave Evans