Finding a program (irc)

Ludwig macports at metaspasm.org
Sat Aug 2 00:50:06 PDT 2014

On Sat, 02 Aug 2014, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2014, at 1:36 AM, Michael wrote:
> >
> > (Also, nothing in that list of 75 ports seems to actually be a command line irc client.)
>
> port search "irc client"
>
> shows 20 results. But you're saying these are all gui clients, and you want a cli client?

By my count, only seven of those 19 results are GUI clients, and three of those
are variants or older versions of others (xchat & xchat2, for instance.)

In any case, not all the descriptions contain the string "irc client," so what
Michael might want to look at instead is the irc category list of ports at
https://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=category&substr=irc