JSON-C Support with PostGIS2

Vincent vince at macports.org
Mon Aug 11 11:41:49 PDT 2014

Hi John,

> I am using the postgis2 port, and ran into an issue with the function ST_GeomFromGeoJSON(). Apparently JSON-C is required for this function to work (it is listed as a requirement in the PostGIS docs), but from what I can tell the postgis2 port does not look for JSON-C, nor does it attempt to install it.

The latest stable version of postgis (2.1.3) does use an old API for JSON-C. The problem had been reported upstream, and corrected in trunk, but I’m waiting for the new release 2.1.4. Either you can afford to wait a little while until this version is out, or, if you’re in a hurry or not faint-hearted, you can try apply the published patch manually to the source.

Vincent