libgcc update ... to 4.9?

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Aug 21 03:17:23 PDT 2014

Hi,

> I think my macports.conf file fulfils those conditions, but just in case you
> forgot something, I've attached it.

I couldn't see anything that would prevent the use of binary archives. Can you
attach the main.log of an attempt to install a package that should use binary
archives, but didn't?

> It still contains the commented-out lines from when I had it point to the
> actual install location, and it has the sandbox disabled as at some time
> that  was required to avoid issues with /opt/local being a symlink.

You should enable the sandbox again, since the problem has been fixed.

> Otherwise, the only thing that maybe isn't "stock" is the macports user but
> that shouldn't influence the decision to install from available binary
> packages, I guess.

Note that setting macportsuser to the name of your account defeats the
purpose of the user. Using a separate unprivileged user here makes sure no
build system can modify (or even read) your files. Your configuration is
insecure and should be avoided.

--
Clemens Lang