PHP55 Upgrade , PHPMyAdmin No Longer Works

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 09:04:34 PDT 2014

OK. Selected MySQL55 and server, then unloaded MYSQL 5 so I did not have to
running and now I have

mysql5 -u root -p

Enter password:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock' (2)

and I think that is because the socket path is not correct. Not sure yet
how to adjust...