PHP55 Upgrade , PHPMyAdmin No Longer Works

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 05:47:28 PDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2014, at 9:25 AM, Jasper Frumau <jasperfrumau at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have had a Macports LAMP running for a year now or so and just
> upgraded to php 5.5. port to do some more development on my MBP. So I added
> the openssl port as well as the necessary php55 ports (got some help from
> http://blog.kicaj.com/installing-and-configuring-php-5-5-using-macports/
> ) :
> >
> > 7541  sudo port install php55
> >  7547  sudo port select php php55
> >  7557  port search php | grep apache
> >  7571  sudo port install php55-apache2handler
> >  7592  sudo port install php5-openssl
> >  7593  sudo port install php55-openssl
> >  7605  sudo port search mbstring
> >  7606  sudo port install php55-mbstring
> >  7608  sudo port install php55-mysqli
> >  7609  sudo port search mysqli
> >  7610  sudo port install php55-mysql
>
> You should be able to bypass much of that (i.e. have it done for you
> automatically) by just running:
>
> sudo port install phpmyadmin +php55

I see. Thanks. Should have realised this.

> On Aug 21, 2014, at 10:44 AM, Jasper Frumau <jasperfrumau at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Reloading the page / phpmyadmin on Firefox I saw "You should upgrade to
> MySQL 5.5.0 or later." So I
> >
> > The mysql55 client has been installed.
> > To install the mysql55 server, install the mysql55-server port.
> > --->  Activating mysql55 @5.5.38_0
>
> [snip]
>
> > But I still have the same error. I do not think I need to install the
> mysql server do I? Well I did it anyways, but still #2002 Cannot log in to
> the MySQL server
>
> My understanding is that this message does mean that the MySQL server
> you're connecting to must run MySQL version 5.5 or later. See also
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/43993

It was an issue with the MySQL version, mysqli and the socket. I upgraded
MySQL aded mysqli and I changed tcp to socket in phpmyadmin config.inc.php.
And then as  Bill suggested I copied databases over, but this time properly.

--
*Jasper Frumau @ Imagewize Ltd* web design | web development | branding
w: imagewize. <http://www.imagewize.net/>com email: jasper at imagewize.