geant4 and/or geant4.10.0

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sat Aug 23 10:01:14 PDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 5:57 PM, John Hanly wrote:
> one other note:  i have never heard of Gate?  what is it?

I'm sorry. I wrote back to you before drinking the morning cup of coffee ;)

I have misread your question and thought that you were asking about
*Gate* and/or Geant4. Gate is a Geant4 application suitable for
medical physics (PET, SPECT, CT, RT, ...) and similar applications. It
allows one to write certain kinds of simulations relatively easy / in
a user-friendly way and users don't have to be programmers to be able
to make simulations with it (while one has to be fluent in C++ for
working with Geant4).

> port info gate
gate @7.0_1 (science)
Variants:             debug, examples, geant4100, geant4101, geant495,
                      [+]geant496, [+]qt4, qt5, universal

                      imaging and radiotherapy. It currently supports
                      simulations of Emission Tomography (PET and SPECT),
                      Computed Tomography (CT) and Radiotherapy experiments.
Homepage:             http://www.opengatecollaboration.org

Or http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V7.0

Mojca