pdfTeX in texlive missing pdftex.fmt

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Thu Aug 28 17:22:52 PDT 2014

On Aug 28, 2014, at 7:51 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:

> What? It's about as "transient" as a .dylib; it's a compiled TeX "library". It ought to be generated when you build the port, installed with it, and kept around thereafter.

Perhaps I misused that word. I do have a "pdftex.fmt" installed, but it's not registered to a port. This suggests that it is generated or moved into place after the destroot phase.

% port provides /opt/local/bin/pdftex
/opt/local/bin/pdftex is provided by: texlive-basic
% port -v installed texlive-basic
  texlive-basic @34245_0+doc (active) platform='darwin 13' archs='noarch'
% sudo find /opt/local -name pdftex.fmt -exec port provides {} \;
/opt/local/var/db/texmf/web2c/pdftex/pdftex.fmt is not provided by a MacPorts port.
%

vq