pdfTeX in texlive missing pdftex.fmt

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 18:40:20 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 06:35:33PM -0700, Dan Ports wrote:

> This is strange. That file -- which, for the record, is found in
> /opt/local/var/db/texmf/web2c/pdftex/pdftex.fmt -- is compiled during
> the activation of texlive-basic. I haven't heard any other reports of
> problems building that file. If you happen to have a logfile for the
> installation of texlive-basic, I'd be interested to see it.

I've already uninstalled the MacPorts version of TeXlive and installed
the one from CTAN.  Sorry, no logs, no anything left of it.

Now I just need to reset Tex's environment variables, and I'm back
up and running.

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)          | DMR: So fsck was originally called