Port Selfupdate failed - Mountain Lion OS X

vignesh babu jvigneshbabu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 01:03:56 PDT 2014

Hi,

I managed to run the rsync on the terminal and extracted the base & ports
tar file. Upon the command, sudo port -v install arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
@4.6.2_1 , the following message was thrown:

The highlighted text seems to be similar error like the self update error.
Do you think its related to permissions ?

Apples-MacBook-Pro:ports apple$ sudo port -v install arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
@4.6.2_1
--->  Computing dependencies for arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc..................
--->  Dependencies to be installed: arm-linux-gnueabi-binutils zlib
arm-linux-gnueabi-runtime dpkg bzip2 coreutils gettext expat libiconv
ncurses gmp perl5 perl5.16 gdbm xz libmpc mpfr
--->  Activating zlib @1.2.8_0
*sh: error: /usr/bin/bzip2 -d -c
/opt/local/var/macports/software/zlib/zlib-1.2.8_0.darwin_12.x86_64.tbz2 |
( /usr/bin/tar -xvpf - ): No such file or directory*
*sh: fatal error: no input files*
compilation terminated.
Command failed: /usr/bin/bzip2 -d -c
/opt/local/var/macports/software/zlib/zlib-1.2.8_0.darwin_12.x86_64.tbz2 |
( /usr/bin/tar -xvpf - )
Exit code: 1
Error: org.macports.activate for port zlib returned: command execution
failed
Error: Failed to install zlib
Please see the log file for port zlib for details:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_archivers_zlib/zlib/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed:
arm-linux-gnueabi-binutils zlib arm-linux-gnueabi-runtime dpkg bzip2
coreutils gettext expat libiconv ncurses gmp perl5 perl5.16 gdbm xz libmpc
mpfr
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc failed

Regards
Vignesh