Port Selfupdate failed - Mountain Lion OS X

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 30 12:22:24 PDT 2014

On Aug 30, 2014, at 1:17 PM, vignesh babu wrote:

> Would it help if I remove the /opt directory & redo the whole thing?

It doesn't sound like it.

Larry's and Brandon's analysis sounds brilliant to me. What is the value of IFS on the problem system? Since IFS normally contains whitespace characters, maybe a good way to see what's in it is to feed it to hexdump, by running:

echo -n "$IFS" | hexdump

Here's what I get on my system:

$ echo -n "$IFS" | hexdump
0000000 20 09 0a
0000003

...showing that on my system IFS contains the three characters space (character 20), tab (character 09) and newline (character 0a). What do you get?