Port Selfupdate failed - Mountain Lion OS X

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 14:15:40 PDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 5:13 PM, vignesh babu <jvigneshbabu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there a way to replace only the sh ? just in case if I can avoid the
> reinstall...

For starters:

    ls -li /bin/sh /bin/bash

If you are lucky, those are separate files and you can just "sudo ln -sf
bash /bin/sh". If not, someone's going to have to dig up a correct
/bin/bash for you. (As it turns out I just migrated off a dying 10.8.5 iMac
and have its last backup mounted on my new machine; I may be able to grab
it off of that.)