[KDE/Mac] Thoughts on standard directories in Qt5 - QStandardPaths

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 11:07:07 PST 2014

On Sunday December 07 2014 19:07:14 Marko Käning wrote:

> On 07 Dec 2014, at 19:01 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Would you believe I've started looking at my idea posted earlier, having a port:qt5-kde (with ditto PortGroups)?
>
> COOL! :)
>
> Are you saying that this would be a whole new Qt5 just for KF5?

For now it's just the same as qt5-mac but installed to a different location.

But yes, rolling our own version has the advantage that we can do things our way, introduce any required patches that are more or less KDE specific (and could "break" things in qt5-mac, such as deactivation of the menurole guessmatism), and not depend on the qt-mac maintainer. Or rather, maintainers: I noticed qt4-mac and qt5-mac are not maintained by the same person, which probably doesn't help the concurrency thing...

Cheers,
René