2.3.3 build on Linux: results from `make test` (errors)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 9 06:00:52 PST 2014

On Dec 9, 2014, at 5:37 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> On Tuesday December 09 2014 12:12:50 Clemens Lang wrote:
>
>> The compiler_blacklist_versions problem does not prevent these things, so
>> nobody bothered fixing them.
>
> I have a strong impression that the issue prevents ports from being registered...

It doesn't prevent that in the case of the linux servers that populate the database that powers our web site.

Take for example my Quicksilver port, which contains:

PortGroup               compiler_blacklist_versions 1.0

and:

compiler.blacklist      *gcc* macports-clang-2.9 macports-clang-3.0 {clang < 421}

And yet it shows up fine on the web site:

https://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=Quicksilver

The compiler_blacklist_versions portgroup works by modifying compiler.blacklist the moment it's set. If the compiler specified in the blacklist entry exists on disk, it is invoked to determine its version number; if it does not exist on disk, that blacklist entry is skipped.

I guess, therefore, that our linux servers that run MacPorts for the web site do not have /usr/bin/clang installed, and that they did have it installed, that would be a problem.

We could modify the compiler_blacklist_versions portgroup to do nothing on non-OS X systems.