pan2 cannot compiled under Yosemite 10.10.1

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 07:39:14 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 10:32 AM, FritzS - gmx <fritzs at gmx.net> wrote:

> If I want start it comes the error: dyld: Library not loaded:
> /usr/local/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.0.dylib / Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/pan
> / Reason: image not found (1005)
> but libgtk-x11-2.0.0.dylib is in /opt/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.0.dylib
> What can I do to solve this?

That presumably is from Homebrew? /usr/local is not from MacPorts.

OS X compiles full paths to shared libraries into the objects using them;
if it is looking for /usr/local/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.0.dylib then the library
must be at *that* path. Putting it in /opt/local/lib or even /usr/lib will
not work. You could possibly use install_name_tool to edit the path in the
binary.