Can I use MacPorts to install Octave 3.6.4?

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Tue Dec 9 13:01:56 PST 2014

Hi Ray - You actually want to look at the Portfile itself for the
version info.  In this case, the one you want is <
https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/math/octave/Portfile?rev=121949
> .. or, revision 121949.  The next revision of this Portfile (121950)
bumps the version to 3.8.1. Sometimes you have to do a little tweaking
to get things to work with the current version of 'port', but generally
the changes are small.  Good luck! - MLD