how do ports install into ${destroot} instead of into ${prefix} directly?

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Thu Dec 11 08:53:00 PST 2014

Hi René - If the Makefile is hand-written, it probably does not contain
a way to set DESTROOT or some other variable to direct where to install
stuff outside of PREFIX -- you'll need to read through the Makefile to
verify, generally in the "install:" section. If this is this case, you
have to add it yourself as a patch. Hopefully that's not too painful for
qtchooser ;) Good luck! - MLD