"concurrent" qt4-mac: request feedback & testing for current port phase in Portfile?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 10:38:02 PST 2014

On Thursday December 11 2014 12:41:03 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> Don't rely on rev-upgrade in lieu of proper revbumping. Don't assume that everyone uses binaries.

Only the binaries change location, plus the cmake files. And those are found dynamically.

> Wouldn't the dependents have to be revbumped anyway to make sure that they are depending on this shim port? Then they'd have to be revbumped a second time to switch over to the hypothetical qt4-mac Mk 2.

No, there's no need to depend on +libsymlinks or an alternative shim port. That variant/port is only there for ports *not* being rebuilt.
If you wish, it's more of a convenience feature for me (and other testers); rebuilding Qt takes long enough as it is, so if one can test things without having to rebuild all of KDE BEFORE ANYTHING WORKS AGAIN that suits me.
Of course I have already started rebuilding dependent ports little by little, but, well, this is being posted from kmail running against a rebuilt kdelibs4 but not-yet-rebuilt KDE PIM.

R.