Multiple MacPort prefixes

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 06:03:34 PST 2014

Hi,

I'm recently trying to bundling some backwards compat software packages
using a Lion version of XCode  (3.x) on Mavericks and MacPorts.

However, Mavericks had previously been setup with MacPorts and the
Mavericks version of XCode (5.x).

The compilation is succeeding when I force the Lion build environment.

Unfortunately, the Lion builds won't run on Lion.

I'm getting the feeling that some libraries (namely QT -- which we bundle)
need to go through the "port install" process again, but with the 3.x XCode
version. Is this possible?  I assume it's as easy as supplying a custom
prefix to the MacPorts software, but I'm unable to find any working example.

Ideally, I'd like to have two MacPorts installs that I can build software
against... One for Mavericks and a second instance for Lion.

Any help in this regard is appreciated!

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com