perl5.XX-file-rsyncp

rmgls at free.fr rmgls at free.fr
Wed Feb 5 05:25:59 PST 2014

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 09:49:22 -0500
Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 7:59 AM, <rmgls at free.fr> wrote:

>> i try to compile backuppc, and i am facing this situation:
>>      perl5.12-file-rsyncp, (dependance)
>> does not compile, please see main.log.

Hello Brandon,

First of all, sorry for the late reply.

I upgraded to Maverick but xcode and commandline tools are installed.

> Did you just upgrade to Mavericks? The errors in the log suggest that
> `size_t` is not defined, which would suggest that you are missing the Xcode
> Command Line Tools (specifically the system header files component). If you
> have upgraded, you will need to follow the instructions at
> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration to bring MacPorts into sync with
> the new OS and Xcode.

> But the above is guessing, because this does not look like a clean build
> --- information about its configuration phase is missing. Please `sudo port
> clean p5.12-file-rsyncp` and attempt the build again, then attach the
> `main.log` from that. Alternately, if this was a truncated log, please
> place the full `main.log` where it can be read.

The beginning of the Main.log that i discarded says: fetching archive...
it was not more informative.

another thing:
it seems to me that perl5.XX-file-rsyncp try to install before gcc42 and llvm
was installed. if it is true, isit a normal behaviour?

Best regards

rmgls
rmgls at free.fr