php and 'client denied problems' with macports apache2

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Tue Feb 11 17:56:46 PST 2014

* Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla at macports.org> [140211 16:44]:

> On Feb 11, 2014, at 4:38 PM, Tim Johnson <tim at akwebsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > * Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla at macports.org> [140211 15:25]:
> > <...>
> >> You probably need to add this line somewhere near the bottom of prefix/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> >> Include conf/extra/mod_php55.conf
> >   Thanks Bradley. Now I have php working but I am still getting the
> >   "client denied by server configuration"
>

> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/ClientDeniedByServerConfiguration
  :) "Great minds run in the same gutter." - Anonymous curmudgeon

  I had found that link earlier plus some related material. Despite the
  directives in my "apple" config, I changed
  AllowOverride None
  AllowOverride All

  Under the Directory section for the DocumentRoot
  and things are starting to work better. Still have some issues,
  but I think they have to do with some noobish things with drupal
  and are outside the purview of this ML.

  Your help is greatly appreciated.
  cheers
--