Problem with Macports, homebrew, and ghostscript

Art McGee amcgee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 00:36:49 PST 2014

My trick to having a harmonious multi-package manager system is to have a
hierarchy, in which MacPorts is where the majority of packages are built,
and the others are only used to fill in the gaps.

For example, Free Pascal. MacPorts doesn't have it. I could spend the time
creating a port, but I want it now. So, I used Fink to install it. Problem
solved.

Also key is to make sure that MacPorts comes first in the $PATH, $MANPATH,
and $INFOPATH.

I haven't had any problems, but another person's mileage may vary.

Art