help on 'Xcode tool not installed'

Shiyuan gshy2014 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 14:33:53 PST 2014

I do see the Portfile: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/
svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/lang/python27/Portfile

But `port search python27` doesn't return the port python27. So I guess I
must have missed some setup steps. The following is what I have done:

cd /opt/local/var/macports/sources/sudo mkdir -p
svn.macports.org/trunk/dportscd svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/# the
following step takes a whilesudo
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/svn co
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/ .

Then I  commented the following line in
/opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf:

rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]

and replaced it with:
file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports[default]

Any step did I miss? Why Macports cannot find the portfile of python27?

Thanks.

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Jeremy Lavergne <jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org