upgrading MacPorts after updating from 10.6 to 10.9

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 07:21:27 PST 2014

I'm in the post-OSX-upgrade phase and wonder if MacPorts couldn't be updated by doing the usual "port selfupdate && port upgrade outdated" sequence - possibly with -f and -p to have the process come through?

Also (and I know this is off-topic), exactly how impossible is it to keep XCode 3.2.6 installed alongside XCode 5? The OS updater didn't kick /Developer off and googling suggests that it might be doable, but does anyone on here have experience with actually running the IDE?

Thanks,
René