libjpeg-devel?

Terry Barnum terry at dop.com
Wed Feb 26 11:39:59 PST 2014

On Feb 26, 2014, at 11:13 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla at macports.org> wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2014, at 5:42 PM, Terry Barnum <terry at dop.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm having a go at installing freeswitch (VOIP server, www.freeswitch.org) on a 10.9.1 macmini and it has a half dozen dependencies that I'm hoping can be taken care of with macports. The freeswitch Mac wiki says to use Brew <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_and_Setup_on_OS_X>. I'm a macports guy so I want to see if I can get it working with macports and have them update the wiki.
>>
>> freeswitch wants libjpeg-devel for header files. The jpeg macport doesn't seem to satisfy this and I don't see a libjpeg-devel or jpeg-devel port. Am I out of luck?
>

> $ port contents jpeg | grep /include/
>  /opt/local/include/jconfig.h
>  /opt/local/include/jerror.h
>  /opt/local/include/jmorecfg.h
>  /opt/local/include/jpeglib.h
>

> Terry, I'm willing to help you develop a MacPorts Portfile for freeswitch, if you are interested contact me off list.

Thank you Eric, Brandon and Bradley for the replies. My guess is that freeswitch is a little inflexible about where it expects things to be. I'll ask about them about more compiler directives/configuration options to allow for packages outside of the normal system locations and /usr/local/.

Bradley, thank you for the kind offer. Email on the way.

-Terry

> Regards,
> Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)

Terry Barnum