MySQL port 3306 open to local, closed to other?

Bill Christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Sat Jan 4 19:07:34 PST 2014

Hi folks,

I'm sure it's in there *somewhere*, but I haven't been able to find the
mysql my.conf or whatever the equivalent is in the MacPorts version.

I need to close off port 3306 to outside traffic (but leave it open to
localhost) to satisfy the credit card PCI security guys, and I'm told
putting

skip-networking

in the config file will do just that.  Where exactly would that mysql
config file be?  Does it matter where in the order I add skip-networking?

Thanks!

--
Bill Christensen
http://SustainableSources.com