gcc48 error on Mavericks

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 19:47:10 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Shiyuan <gshy2014 at gmail.com> wrote:

>    I am on OS 10.9 Mavericks. I install gcc48 from macport. However, I got
> the follow error when I compile HelloWorld. What might go wrong? Thanks.

wchar.h is part of the Xcode command line tools package. If you got gcc48
from a prebuilt package instead of locally built, you may never have gotten
the Xcode 5 command line tools (which may be auto-installed the first time
something invokes `clang`) and may be missing system include files.

`xcode-select --install` should force installation of the command line
tools.