Re-installing a port from source

Davor Cubranic cubranic at stat.ubc.ca
Mon Jan 13 14:00:44 PST 2014

No, sorry:

$ sudo port -s -n upgrade -f emacs-app
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.

But, using "upgrade --force" did:

$ sudo port -s -n upgrade --force emacs-app
--->  Computing dependencies for emacs-app
--->  Fetching distfiles for emacs-app
--->  Verifying checksums for emacs-app
--->  Extracting emacs-app

In retrospect, I can sort of see this in the man page, but you really have to know what you're looking for... (Global switches vs. action switches can be a real pain.) Thanks for setting me on the right path.

Davor